A single class framework in Swift to create and manage log entries.
SwifterLog is part of the Swiftfire webserver project.
- The Apple System Log facility
- A file
- STDOUT (println)
- A network destination
- A list of callback objects from the Application itself.
Project website: http://swiftfire.nl/projects/swiftfire/swiftfire.html
Reference manual: http://swiftfire.nl/projects/swiftfire/reference/index.html
Installation: http://swiftfire.nl/projects/swifterlog/reference/installation.html or on github
User Manual: http://swiftfire.nl/projects/swifterlog/reference/usermanual.html or on github
Note: Planned releases are for information only, they are subject to change without notice.
Maintenance updates are updates due to management of the (SPM) package hierarchy, they don’t affect the source code.
- No new features planned. Features and bugfixes will be made on an ad-hoc basis as needed to support Swiftfire development.
- For feature requests and bugfixes please contact email@example.com
VersionVersion number will be increased to this level when Swiftfire 1.0.0 is released.
- Removed global ‘log’ definition, use SwifterLog.theLogger instead. (let log = SwifterLog.theLogger)
- Added faster loggers for disabled log levels. (eg: SwifterLog.atDebug?.log(…))
- Replaced local c-glue with CAsl glue library (now builds under SPM)
- Maintenance updates
- Changed distribution model
- Added reference manual (improved documentation)
- Upgraded to Xcode 8 beta 6 (Swift 3)
- Upgraded to Xcode 8 beta 3 (Swift 3)
- Update to accomodate VJson v0.9.8
- Update to accomodate VJson updates
- Added ‘public’ to the string extensions
- Added ‘ReflectedStringConvertible’ (Idea from Matt Comi)
- Changed message parameter from ‘String’ to ‘Any’ on all logging calls (Inspired by whitehat007)
- Fixed bug that would not call the callback destination for the very first logging message
- Added a few unit tests
- Header update to include new website: swiftfire.nl
- Renamed SwifterLogNetwork.swift to SwifterLog.Network.swift
- Removed all targets
- Removed other unnecessary files
- Moved the network support to its own file (as far as possible).
- Added release tag
- Included extension for type String to easily create a SOURCE identifier from a #file string.
- JSON code returned by ‘json’ changed from a value to a valid hierarchy.
- Added ALL_NON_RECURSIVE target definition.
- Updated for changes in SwifterSockets.Transmit
- Added transfer of log entries to a TCP/IP destination and targetting of error messages.
- Renamed logfileRecordAtAndAboveLevel to fileRecordAtAndAboveLevel
- Added call-back logging
IDparameter back in as hexadecimal output before the source.
Notev0.9.4 was never released into the public.
- Updated for Swift 2.0